أخبار

جيمس الأول ملك اسكتلندا الجدول الزمني

جيمس الأول ملك اسكتلندا الجدول الزمني


غير مكتشف اسكتلندا

يونيو 1551: وافقت إنجلترا على إنهاء الأعمال العدائية مع اسكتلندا بعد انسحاب مبكر لقواتها في عام 1549. تكلفة & # 34 من خلال التودد & # 34 منذ عام 1544 ، أكثر من نصف مليون جنيه إسترليني ، كسرت الخزانة الإنجليزية.

1552: تم تشكيل جمعية سانت أندروز للترويج للعبة الجولف في المدينة. أصبح معروفًا منذ 1754 باسم St Andrews Society of Golfers: وما زال لاحقًا باسم Royal and Ancient Golf Club.

24 أبريل 1558: تزوجت ماري ملكة اسكتلندا البالغة من العمر خمسة عشر عامًا من فرانسواز ، دوفين من فرنسا ، البالغة من العمر أربعة عشر عامًا في باريس. ويرافق العرس اتفاقية ستوحد تيجان اسكتلندا وفرنسا في حال وجود أبناء للزواج ، وتسليم تاج اسكتلندا لفرنسا إذا لم يكن هناك.

نوفمبر 1558: الملكة إليزابيث تتويج إنجلترا. يتبع زواج والديها و # 39 طلاق هنري الثامن في وقت سابق ، لذا من وجهة نظر الكنيسة الكاثوليكية ، إليزابيث غير شرعية. لذا من وجهة نظر الكاثوليك ، وخاصة في اسكتلندا وفرنسا ، فإن ماري ملكة اسكتلندا هي المطالب الشرعي بالتاج الإنجليزي.

11 مايو 1559: ألقى جون نوكس خطبة في بيرث ، وبدأ انتفاضة بروتستانتية كبرى انتشرت بسرعة عبر وسط اسكتلندا.

29 يونيو 1559: ألقى جون نوكس خطبة في سانت جايلز & # 39 في إدنبرة يمكن اعتبارها نقطة البداية الحقيقية لإصلاح الكنيسة في اسكتلندا.

10 يوليو 1559: أصبح فرانسيس ، زوج ماري ملكة اسكتلندا ، ملك فرنسا فرانسيس الثاني.

27 فبراير 1560: تم إبرام معاهدة بيرويك في بيرويك أبون تويد. إنه اتفاق بين الإنجليز ومجموعة النبلاء البروتستانت الاسكتلنديين المعروفين باسم لوردات المصلين لمتابعة إبعاد القوات الفرنسية التي تدافع عن وصية ماري دي جويز من اسكتلندا.

11 يونيو 1560: وفاة ماري دي جوي ، ريجنت اسكتلندا ووالدة ماري ، ملكة اسكتلندا ، في إدنبرة.

5 يوليو 1560: تم الاتفاق على معاهدة إدنبرة بين إنجلترا وفرنسا لإنهاء حصار القوات الإنجليزية للقوات الفرنسية التي تحتل ليث.

أغسطس 1560: حظر البرلمان الاسكتلندي ممارسة القداس اللاتيني في اسكتلندا ورفض سلطة البابا ، في الواقع تنفيذ الإصلاح عبر اسكتلندا.

5 ديسمبر 1560: وفاة الملك فرانسيس الثاني ملك فرنسا ، زوج ماري ، ملكة اسكتلندا ، متأثراً بأذن ملتهبة وخلفه أخوه تشارلز التاسع ملك فرنسا.

19 أغسطس 1561: أصبحت ماري ملكة اسكتلندا ، البالغة من العمر ثمانية عشر عامًا وهي الآن أرملة ، معزولة بشكل متزايد في فرنسا ، وليس لديها خيار سوى قبول دعوة للعودة إلى اسكتلندا البروتستانتية الآن كملكة.

4 سبتمبر 1561: قابلت ماري ملكة اسكتلندا جون نوكس في قصر هوليرود هاوس لمحاولة حل الخلافات الدينية بينهما. فشل الاجتماع ولم تصادق ماري ولا تلغي القوانين البروتستانتية التي أقرها البرلمان.

28 أكتوبر 1562: هزمت ماري ملكة اسكتلندا وأخوها غير الشقيق جيمس ستيوارت ، إيرل موراي الأول ، جورج ، إيرل هانتلي الرابع في معركة كوريشي ، بالقرب من أبردين ، للحد من طموحه وتقييم مخاوف البروتستانت في اسكتلندا. تمضي في إقالة قلعة هانتلي.

29 يوليو 1565: تزوجت ماري ملكة اسكتلندا من ابن عمها اللورد دارنلي في حفل زفاف كاثوليكي.

26 أغسطس 1565: ماري ملكة الاسكتلنديين تقود جيشًا من إدنبرة لقمع تمرد قاده أخوها غير الشقيق جيمس ستيوارت ، إيرل موراي الأول ، الذي عارض زواجها. إنها تضع التمرد في حالة طيران فيما يعرف باسم غارة Chaseabout.

9 مارس 1566: قُتلت ماري ملكة اسكتلندا والسكرتير الخاص ، ديفيد ريزيو ، أمام عينيها في قصر هوليرود هاوس على يد مجموعة تضم زوجها اللورد دارنلي. فشلت محاولة الانقلاب التي أعقبت ذلك عندما كان لدى دارنلي أفكار أخرى وساعد ماري على الهروب إلى دنبار.

18 مارس 1566: عادت ماري ملكة الاسكتلنديين إلى إدنبرة بجيش قدمه إيرل بوثويل وهرب المسؤولون عن مقتل سكرتيرها الخاص ديفيد ريزيو ، ونُفي العديد منهم لاحقًا.

19 يونيو 1566: أنجبت ماري ابنها تشارلز جيمس في قلعة إدنبره.

7 ديسمبر 1566: غادرت ماري ملكة اسكتلندا قلعة Craigmillar بعد أن وافقت مجموعة من مستشاريها على Craigmillar Bond ، وهو ترتيب للتخلص من اللورد دارنلي ، الذي يعرف الآن الجميع بما في ذلك ماري أنه غير مناسب تمامًا كزوج. ومن بين هؤلاء المتورطين The Earls of Argyll و Huntly و Bothwell والسير جيمس بلفور وويليام ميتلاند من ليثينجتون.

17 ديسمبر 1566: تم تعميد المستقبل جيمس السادس / الأول في قلعة ستيرلنغ. اللورد دارنلي يرفض الحضور.

10 فبراير 1567: قُتل اللورد دارنلي ، وهو الآن مريض بمرض الزهري ، أثناء إقامته في Provost & # 39s House على حافة إدنبرة. كان قبو المبنى مليئًا بالبارود ، لكن يبدو أن دارنلي ربما تعرض للخنق أثناء محاولته الهروب من الانفجار. تتزايد الشكوك العامة حول تورط إيرل بوثويل ، وربما ماري ملكة اسكتلندا نفسها ، في القتل.

12 أبريل 1567: حوكم إيرل بوثويل بتهمة قتل دارنلي وأثبت أنه غير مذنب. قلة من الاسكتلنديين يعتقدون أن المحاكمة عادلة.

19 أبريل 1567: جيمس هيبورن ، إيرل بوثويل الرابع ، على الرغم من أنه متزوج بالفعل ، يقترح الزواج من ماري ملكة اسكتلندا بدعم من العديد من النبلاء المؤثرين في جميع أنحاء اسكتلندا. ماري ترفضه.

21 أبريل 1567: اختطف جيمس هيبورن ، إيرل بوثويل الرابع ، ماري ملكة اسكتلندا على حافة إدنبرة وأخذها إلى قلعة دنبار ، حيث اغتصبها بافتراض أن ماري مشاركة غير راغبة. يوافقون على الزواج.

جيمس هيبورن ، إيرل بوثويل الرابع ، مطلق من زوجته ، جان جوردون ، لتمهيد الطريق لزفافه المخطط لماري ، ملكة اسكتلندا.

15 مايو 1567: ماري ملكة الاسكتلنديين تتزوج إيرل بوثويل في حفل زفاف بروتستانتي في قصر هوليرود هاوس في إدنبرة. ثم فروا بعد ذلك من معارضة شعبية واسعة النطاق إلى قلعة دنبار.

15 يونيو 1567: عازم النبلاء الاسكتلنديون على استعادة ماري ملكة اسكتلندا من جيمس هيبورن ، إيرل بوثويل الرابع ، واجتمعوا بالزوجين وألف من أنصاره في Carberry Hill شرق إدنبرة. بعد يوم طويل من المواجهة ، وافقت ماري على مطالب النبلاء وأرسلت بوثويل بعيدًا. لا يجتمعون مرة أخرى. تم نقل ماري إلى السجن في قلعة Lochleven على جزيرة في Loch Leven ، بالقرب من Kinross.

24 يوليو 1567: قام اللوردان روثفين وليندساي بزيارة ماري ملكة اسكتلندا وأصروا على تنازلها عن العرش على الفور وإلا ستُقتل. تتنازل عن العرش.

29 يوليو 1567: توج تشارلز جيمس البالغ من العمر عامًا واحدًا الملك جيمس السادس ملك اسكتلندا في احتفال بروتستانتي في كنيسة هولي رود ، بالقرب من قلعة ستيرلنغ. جون نوكس يعظ عظة. لقد مر عامان بالضبط منذ أن تزوجت ماري من دارنلي.

2 مايو 1568: هربت ماري ملكة اسكتلندا من قلعة Lochleven وألغت تنازلها عن العرش. جمعت جيشًا وتتجه نحو قلعة دمبارتون.

13 مايو 1568: هُزمت ماري ملكة الاسكتلنديين وجيش # 39 من قبل قوة أصغر بكثير تحت قيادة ريجنت ، إيرل موراي ، في معركة لانجسايد ، التي أصبحت الآن جزءًا من غلاسكو.

15 مايو 1568: أخذتها ماري ملكة اسكتلندا ورحلة # 39 إلى قلعة Terregles بالقرب من Dumfries. ترفض نصائح المؤيدين والعودة إلى فرنسا وتختار بدلاً من ذلك الفرار إلى إنجلترا والسعي للحصول على رحمة ابن عمها الملكة إليزابيث ، التي لا تزال تخشى أن تطالب ماري بتاج إنجلترا.

23 يناير 1570: أطلق مهاجم النار على الوصي ، إيرل موراي ، وقتل في لينليثغو على يد مهاجم مختبئ في منزل رئيس أساقفة سانت أندروز الكاثوليكي.

12 يوليو 1570: تم تعيين إيرل لينوكس ، والد اللورد دارنلي ، وصيًا على العرش بدعم من الملكة إليزابيث.

سبتمبر 1571: ماري ، التي لا تزال أسيرة في إنجلترا ، متورطة في مؤامرة دوق نورفولك الكاثوليكي لاستخدام القوات الإسبانية للإطاحة بإليزابيث. هذا يقوض الكثير من الدعم المتبقي لها في اسكتلندا.

1572: أصبح إيرل مورتون وصيًا على العرش وحاكم اسكتلندا فعليًا خلال السنوات الست المقبلة.

24 نوفمبر 1572: وفاة جون نوكس في إدنبرة ، أحد الشخصيات البارزة في الإصلاح المشيخي للكنيسة في اسكتلندا ورجل كان سيوصف في حقبة أخرى بأنه أصولي ديني.

مايو 1573: أدى سقوط قلعة إدنبرة باعتبارها آخر معقل لدعم ماري في اسكتلندا إلى إنهاء ثلاث سنوات من الحرب الأهلية.

9 يونيو 1573: وفاة السير ويليام ميتلاند من ليثينغتون في سجن ليث ، السياسي الذي ارتقى ليصبح وزير الخارجية لماري ، ملكة اسكتلندا.

12 ديسمبر 1574: ولادة آن من الدنمارك في قلعة سكاندربورج بالدنمارك ، التي أصبحت ملكة للقرينة للملك جيمس الأول ملك إنجلترا والسادس لملك اسكتلندا.

مارس 1578: تولى جيمس السادس حكومة اسكتلندا في سن الثانية عشرة.

14 أبريل 1578: وفاة جيمس هيبورن ، إيرل بوثويل الرابع ، بجنون ، في سجن دراغولم سيئ السمعة في الدنمارك.

14 سبتمبر 1580: ولادة روبرت جوردون من سترالوخ بالقرب من إنفيريري ، وهو شاعر وعالم رياضيات وآثار وجغرافي ، يُذكر في المقام الأول بسبب رسم خرائط اسكتلندا.

2 يونيو 1581: تم إعدام الوصي السابق ، جيمس دوجلاس ، إيرل مورتون الرابع ، لتورطه المزعوم في مقتل اللورد دارنلي ، والد جيمس السادس ، قبل أربعة عشر عامًا عقب الاتهامات التي وجهها روبرت ستيوارت ، إيرل أوركني الأول. .

14 أبريل 1582: تم إنشاء جامعة إدنبرة بموجب ميثاق ملكي منحه جيمس السادس ، مما يجعلها سادس جامعة يتم تأسيسها في الجزر البريطانية ، والرابعة في اسكتلندا.

أغسطس 1582: تم أسر جيمس السادس البالغ من العمر 16 عامًا من قبل إيرل جوري و & # 34 Lords Enterprisers & # 34 في Ruthven Castle الآن Huntingtower Castle بالقرب من بيرث. تم تصميم & # 34Ruthven Raid & # 34 لزيادة قبضة المتآمرين على السلطة من خلال التحكم في الملك.

28 سبتمبر 1582: وفاة جورج بوكانان ، المؤرخ والباحث في إدنبرة ، الذي تعرض للاضطهاد بسبب آرائه البروتستانتية.

يونيو 1583: خدع جيمس السادس آسريه ليسمح له بحضور وليمة في قلعة سانت أندروز ، حيث يهرب منهم ويغفر لهم فيما بعد.

أبريل 1584: استولت شركة Lords Enterprisers على قلعة سانت أندروز في محاولة للإطاحة بجيمس السادس ، البالغ من العمر 18 عامًا الآن. وحشد جيشًا واستعادته ، وأعدم إيرل جوري ونفي المتآمرين الآخرين إلى إنجلترا.

مايو 1584: أعلن البرلمان جيمس السادس رئيسًا لكل من الكنيسة - كيرك - والدولة في مواجهة الجهود المتزايدة من قبل كيرك للحد من سلطته.

11 أغسطس 1586: ألقي القبض على ماري ملكة اسكتلندا بعد كتابتها خطاب يوافق على مؤامرة لقتل الملكة إليزابيث.

15 أكتوبر 1586: حوكمت ماري ملكة اسكتلندا بتهمة الخيانة في قلعة Fotheringay في نورثهامبتونشاير.

8 فبراير 1587: قطعت رأس ماري ملكة اسكتلندا في Fotheringay. قطع ابنها جيمس السادس العلاقات الدبلوماسية لفترة وجيزة مع إنجلترا.

16 يوليو 1588: وفاة السيدة أغنيس كيث التي ولدت في طبقة النبلاء الاسكتلنديين وأصبحت لفترة وجيزة واحدة من أقوى النساء في البلاد.

20 أغسطس 1589: تزوج جيمس السادس آن من الدنمارك ، ابنة الملك فريدريك الثاني ملك الدنمارك. تم الزواج بالوكالة وجهودها اللاحقة للإبحار إلى اسكتلندا ورأيتها تعود إلى النرويج بسبب العاصفة ، بسبب السحر.

22 أكتوبر 1589: أبحر جيمس السادس إلى النرويج ليجمع عروسه آن الدنمارك.

1 مايو 1590: عاد الملك جيمس السادس وآن ملك الدنمارك إلى ليث ، وتوجت آن ملكة اسكتلندا في وقت لاحق من ذلك الشهر. يبدأ جيمس مطاردة الساحرات التي ستودي بحياة أكثر من ألف شخص في المائة عام التالية.

4 فبراير 1593: وفاة روبرت ستيوارت ، الإيرل الأول لأوركني ولورد زيتلاند. وخلفه ابنه باتريك ستيوارت ، إيرل أوركني الثاني ، غير السار على حد سواء.

2 أبريل 1593: إنشاء كلية ماريشال كجامعة ثانية في أبردين من قبل جورج كيث ، إيرل ماريشال الخامس.

30 أغسطس 1594: تم التعميد في تشابل رويال في قلعة ستيرلنغ للأمير هنري ، ابن الملك جيمس السادس ملك اسكتلندا.

3 أكتوبر 1594: خاضت معركة جلينليفيت بين القوات الكاثوليكية المنتصرة بقيادة جورج جوردون ، مركيز هانتلي الأول والقوات البروتستانتية لأرشيبالد كامبل ، إيرل أرغيل السابع.

13 أبريل 1596: قام والتر سكوت من بوكليوش بإطلاق سراح ريفر ريفر ويليام أرمسترونج من كينمونت من قلعة كارلايل.

يوليو 1596: أدت جهود جيمس السادس لإعلان نفسه وريث العرش الإنجليزي إلى معاهدة بيرويك ، وهي تحالف رسمي مع إنجلترا.

1597: استأجر البرلمان الاسكتلندي جزيرة لويس في الجزر الغربية لدوق لينوكس و & # 34Fife Adventurers & # 34. يُسمح لهم صراحة بالذبح والتشويه وإطلاق النار والقيام بأي شيء ضروري & # 34 لاستئصال السكان البربريين & # 34. هذه هي الطريقة التي ينظر بها اسكتلنديون الأراضي المنخفضة إلى سكان المرتفعات والجزر.

1599: بدأ جيمس وآن في عيش حياة منفصلة بعد تحولها إلى الكاثوليكية ، على الرغم من أن لديهما سبعة أطفال في المجموع.


اسكتلندا التاريخ الجدول الزمني والحقائق

تاريخ موجز لاسكتلندا
55 قبل الميلاد يوليوس قيصر يهبط في بريطانيا
80 م يغزو الرومان ، يوليوس أجريكولا & quotAlbion & quot أو & quotCaledonia & quot الأسماء القديمة لاسكتلندا
توحدت قبائل كاليدونيا السلتية 84 م تحت قيادة كالجاكوس لكن الرومان هزموا
121 - 129 جدار هادريان بناه الرومان
397 - القديس نينيان يجلب المسيحية إلى اسكتلندا
476 - انهيار الإمبراطورية الرومانية
800 - 900s غارة الفايكنج على اسكتلندا
1005 الملك مالكولم الثاني يحكم اسكتلندا ويهزم الفايكنج في معركة مورتلاخ
1034 - 1040 الملك دنكان الأول
1040 - 1057 ماكبث يقتل دنكان ليصبح ملك اسكتلندا
1272 ولد ويليام والاس
1274 ولد روبرت بروس
1297 - حرب الاستقلال الاسكتلندية بقيادة ويليام والاس
1298 هزيمة الاسكتلنديين على يد إدوارد الأول ملك إنجلترا
1305 أعدم ويليام والاس
1306 توج روبرت بروس ملكًا
1314 - معركة بانوكبيرن عندما هزم روبرت البروس الإنجليز وحصل على الاستقلال الاسكتلندي
1371 - تولى العرش روبرت الثاني أول ملك ستيوارت
1513 مقتل معركة فلودن وجيمس الرابع في المعركة
1559 بدء الإصلاح في اسكتلندا مع خطبة جون نوكس في بيرث
1561 - عادت ماري ملكة الاسكتلنديين إلى اسكتلندا من فرنسا
1565 ماري ملكة الاسكتلنديين تتزوج من هنري اللورد دارنلي
1567 مقتل هنري دارنلي
1568 هربت ماري ملكة اسكتلندا إلى إنجلترا وسجنتها إليزابيث الأولى ، وأصبح ابنها الرضيع جيمس السادس ملك اسكتلندا
1587 - أعدم ماري ملكة اسكتلندا في قلعة Fotheringay
1603 - أصبح جيمس السادس ملك اسكتلندا جيمس الأول ملك إنجلترا مما أدى إلى اتحاد التيجان
1692 مذبحة جلينكو - قتل كامبلز عشيرة ماكدونالد
1707 تم تمرير قانون الاتحاد واتحدت اسكتلندا رسميًا مع إنجلترا لتشكيل بريطانيا العظمى
1745 - عاد بوني الأمير تشارلي - الأمير تشارلز إدوارد ستيوارت - إلى اسكتلندا للمطالبة بالعرش البريطاني
1746 - معركة كولودن حيث هزم اليعاقبة الاسكتلنديين وفر بوني برينس تشارلي إلى فرنسا.
يجمع التاريخ الاسكتلندي الآن مع التاريخ البريطاني

تاريخ أيرلندا - كان روري أوكونور آخر ملوك أيرلندا الأصليين (1166-1175)

تاريخ ويلز - 1222-1283 حصل Llywelyn Ap Gruffudd على لقب أمير ويلز وفي عام 1284 تم دمج ويلز في مملكة إنجلترا بموجب قانون رودلان

تاريخ إنجلترا - تفاصيل الملوك القدامى مع الأحداث الرئيسية والجدول الزمني

الملوك الإنجليزية - تفاصيل ملوك وملكات إنجلترا / بريطانيا العظمى


جيمس الأول ملك اسكتلندا الجدول الزمني - التاريخ

كان هناك صراع في تشكيل الماسونية في اسكتلندا لسنوات عديدة. آمل في توضيح بعض الأساطير وتقديم تاريخ بسيط معقول لقرائي. يجب أن يفهم الشخص أولاً ما هي الماسونية قبل أن يتمكن من إعلان النشاط الماسوني في مجالات التاريخ. الماسونيون هم مجموعة من الأشخاص الموهوبين والمتعلمين. يؤمنون بالفنون والعلوم كما يؤمنون بإلههم.

لقد أظهر التاريخ أناسًا أذكياء وصفوا بالزنادقة والسحرة والمشاركين في السحر والتنجيم وضد الكنيسة وضد بلدانهم. في الأساس ، لم يكن أهل المعرفة أفضل من آدم وحواء عندما أغرتهم الحية بأكل شجرة المعرفة. ستساعد هذه القصة في دعم الفرضية أن الماسونيين ليسوا سوى مجموعة من الأشخاص ذوي المهارات العالية.

بدأت الماسونية بالفعل مع الفينيقيين في زمن سليمان ولكن من أجل اسكتلندا ، سأبدأ بعلامات البناء في اسكتلندا. لقد خلط الناس بين البناء الحجري والماسونية. لغرض هذا المقال ، سأتحدث فقط عن الأدلة.

أول دليل تمكنت من تحديد موقعه هو دير Kilwinning بالقرب من غلاسكو. تم العمل الأصلي على الدير حوالي 1020 من قبل البنائين الأجانب. تركوا بصمتهم على حجر الأساس (تاريخ الماسونية والمحفل الكبير في اسكتلندا، وليام الكسندر لوري ، جامعة كاليفورنيا ، جمع H. Morse Stephens). تشير هذه المخطوطة القديمة جدًا إلى أن البنائين أتوا إلى اسكتلندا في أوائل القرن الحادي عشر. بنوا في كيلوينينج وفي يورك.

ذكرت السيدة الكبرى للبنائين عام 1724 لقد كان ملوك اسكتلندا من وقت لآخر سادة كبار دون انقطاع من أيام فيرغوس

يذكر روبرت إل دي كوبر أيضًا في الصفحة 39 من خدعة روسلين ؟، تاريخ محدد يبدأ مع فيرغوس الثاني في 403 م من أندرسون.

لقد أوضحت في قصتي الافتتاحية أن الملك مالكولم الثالث كانمور كان أول سيد كبير في اسكتلندا. الآن سوف أطلعكم على بعض الأدلة التي وجدتها في السادس من أغسطس 1849 ، نزل جلاسجو ، سانت جون ، الذي يدعي أنه يحمل ميثاقًا من مالكولم كانمور ، ملك اسكتلندا.

موسوعة الماسونية الجزء 3 تنص على الصفحة 1244 ، أعطى الملك مالكولم الثالث ميثاقًا لـ "أصدقائنا المخلصين والمحبوبين ، الماسونيين العاملين في مدينة جلاسكو" في 5 أكتوبر 1057.


مالكولم الثالث

الأساتذة التسعة عشر الآخرون من اسكتلندا الذين تم نسخهم من قصتي الأولى هم:

١ - مالكوم الثالث ١٠٣١ - ١٠٩٣
2. الإسكندر الأول 1078-1124 الراعي
3. ديفيد الأول 1084 - 1153
4. وليام الأسد 1143-1214
5. هنري واردلو؟ - 1440
6. جيمس الأول 1394-1437
7. William Sinclair 1404-1484
8. وليام تورنبول؟ - 1454
9. السير روبرت كوكيران؟ - 1482
10. الكسندر لورد فوربس؟ - 1491
11. وليام إلفينستون 1431-1514
12- جافين دنبار 1455-1532
13- جافين دوغلاس 1474-1522
14. جورج كريتون؟
15. باتريك ، إيرل ليندسي؟ - 1526
16. السير ديفيد ليندسي 1551 - 1610
17. Andrew Stewart، LO 1548 - 1593
18. السير جيمس سانديلاندز؟ - 1579
19. كلود هاميلتون LP 1543 - 1622
20. جيمس السادس و أمبير الأول 1566 - 1625

LO = Lord Ochiltree LP = Lord Paisley (الصفحات 39 و 40)

هناك بعض الأسماء المشهورة المدرجة في الرسم البياني أعلاه. لن أذكرهم في الوقت الحالي لأنني أرغب في التحدث عن Grand Masters الأقل شهرة في الرسم البياني أعلاه.

كان هنري واردلو ، أسقف أندروز ، سيدًا كبيرًا في اسكتلندا حتى تم طرد جيمس السادس من الإنجليزية. كان واردلو أيضًا مؤسسًا للجامعة. يرجى قراءة http://www.electricscotland.com/history/nation/wardlaw.htm.

غافن دنبار (1490-1547) كان رئيس أساقفة غلاسكو ومستشار الجامعة ، 1524-1547.

ولد دنبار في ويغتاونشاير ودرس القانون الكنسي والقانون المدني في غلاسكو وباريس. تم تعيينه مدرسًا للرضيع جيمس الخامس في عام 1517 وبناءً على نصيحة دنبار أسس جيمس المحكمة العليا في اسكتلندا ، محكمة الجلسة ، في عام 1532. وشغل العديد من المناصب العليا في الكنيسة قبل أن يصبح رئيس أساقفة غلاسكو في عام 1524. وهو كذلك يُعتقد أنه مات في قصر الأسقف أعلى شارع هاي ستريت. http://www.universitystory.gla.ac.uk/biography/؟id=WH0095&type=P

كان جافين دوغلاس أسقف دنكيلد واشتهر بكونه عالم لاهوت متقدم في عصره.

جورج كريتون غير معروف في الوقت الحاضر لكنني سأحدد تاريخ اسكتلندا الآخر وأطارد هذا الرجل.

باتريك ، إيرل ليندسي لديه القليل من المعلومات ولكن سأدرج ما وجدته.

باتريك ليندساي ، اللورد الرابع ليندسي من آل بيريس ، هو ابن جون ليندسي ، اللورد الأول ليندساي من بيريس وأغنيس ستيوارت. توفي عام 1526.
باتريك ليندساي ، اللورد الرابع ليندسي من آل بيرس حصل على لقب الرابع لورد ليندساي من بيرس [S. ، 1445].

أبناء باتريك ليندسي ، اللورد الرابع ليندساي من بيريس وإيزابيلا دي فيوثام

هناك فرسان كثيرون في هذا الخط. لم أجد دليلًا على ألقاب Knight Templar في بحثي حتى الآن.

إليكم بعض المعلومات التي وجدتها عن السير جيمس سانديلاندز من الإنترنت:

مع وصول الإصلاح ، سرعان ما أصبح Sandilands of Calder أسياد Torphichen. في ذلك الوقت ، كان السير جيمس سانديلاندز (الابن الثاني للبارون الإقطاعي السابع لكالدر) فارس القديس يوحنا وسابقًا لمبدأ تورفيشن (مركز وسام القديس يوحنا في اسكتلندا). بعد أن قام التاج الإنجليزي بقمع الأمر في إنجلترا عام 1540 (وإيرلندا عام 1547) ، كان مبدأ Torphichen الوحيد المتبقي من فرسان القديس يوحنا. نتيجة لما يقرب من خمسة وعشرين عامًا (من 1540 إلى 1564) مثلت Torphichen Preceptory under Sir James Sandilands فرسان القديس يوحنا في بريطانيا.

ومع ذلك ، في ضوء هذا الموقف المعزول ، استسلم السير جيمس في عام 1564 للإصلاح واستسلم لمبدأ Torphichen والأراضي المحيطة بفرسان القديس يوحنا إلى التاج الاسكتلندي (الملكة ماري ستيوارت) ، واستلمها مرة أخرى (لمواصلة إدارتها) مع عنوان اللورد Torphichen. (لورد مكان الوصي ، تم تعيينه السابق بأمر من القديس يوحنا). توفي عام 1579 ، وخلفه جيمس (اللورد تورفيشين الثاني والبارون الإقطاعي العاشر لكالدر) ، لعدم وجود وريث ذكر ، حفيد أخيه الأكبر جون (البارون الإقطاعي الثامن). ونتيجة لذلك ، فإن أحفاد عائلة Sandilands of Calder (Lords Torphichen) وممتلكاتهم يشكلون الرابط التاريخي الأكثر مباشرة مع وسام القديس يوحنا في الجزر البريطانية. [المرجع. & quot The Knights of Malta & quot بقلم HJA Sire للنشر: مطبعة جامعة ييل ، 1994.]

يتضح نمط الأشخاص الأذكياء في الرتب العالية من الماسونية مع جميع الرجال المدرجين على أنهم الماجستير الأصليون في نزل اسكتلندا. كانت الماسونية بطيئة في النمو خلال هذه الحقبة ولكنها اكتسبت زخمًا في السنوات اللاحقة. التوثيق الذي بحثت عنه جيد بما يكفي لإثبات وجود الماسونيين لدخيل لفترة طويلة جدًا.

هناك نمط آخر اكتشفته في بحثي عن Grand Masons الأصليين ، فجميعهم مرتبطون ارتباطًا وثيقًا بسلالة ستيوارت. هم مرتبطون بالدم أو الزواج. سأترك هذه المعلومة مفتوحة للعديد من الباحثين الذين قد يكون لديهم نظرية أخرى غير نظريتي فيما يتعلق بالروابط في الماسونية الأصلية وخطوط بروس وستيوارت.


جيمس الأول ملك اسكتلندا الجدول الزمني - التاريخ

أصبح الملك تشارلز الأول أول شخص يخلف تاج إنجلترا واسكتلندا. والده جيمس السادس ملك اسكتلندا من عام 1567 ولاحقًا جيمس الأول ملك إنجلترا عام 1603. ودُفن جيمس في وستمنستر أبي.

إعادة البناء الافتراضية ثلاثية الأبعاد

انقل نفسك إلى ما يصل إلى ألف عام واستكشف المباني التاريخية كما قد تكون ظهرت في الماضي. تم تصميمها باستخدام أداة تطوير الألعاب الشهيرة Unity 3D ، وستعمل عمليات إعادة البناء هذه في معظم متصفحات الويب الشائعة على سطح المكتب أو الكمبيوتر المحمول.

اكتشف حياة المئات من الملوك والملكات واللوردات والسيدات والبارونات والإيرل ورؤساء الأساقفة والمتمردين الذين جعلوا الناس في العصور الوسطى فترة تاريخية مثيرة للعيش فيها.

اختيار المراجع المستخدمة:

    1. مايكل لينش ، اسكتلندا تاريخ جديد، 2004 ، ISBN: 0-7126-9893-0 2. C H Hunter Blair and H L Honeyman ، كتاب دليل قلعة واركورث الرسمي, 1963

استكشف جميع الطوابق الأربعة للبرج الأبيض في برج لندن باستخدام محرك الألعاب ثلاثية الأبعاد Unity.

المباني الافتراضية

انقل نفسك إلى ما يصل إلى ألف عام واستكشف المباني التاريخية كما هي قد ظهرت في الماضي.

يبدو أن هناك بعض الروابط الغريبة بين قلعة وردور القديمة في القرن الرابع عشر والدائرة الحجرية القديمة ستونهنج.

يبدو أن قلعة وردور القديمة تتماشى مع المواقع القديمة في مناظر ستونهنج الطبيعية.

يتم محاذاة ستونهنج مع الانقلاب الصيفي. لدى وردور القديم موقف مشابه جدًا.

هل يمكن لبناة Old Wardour استخدام وسائل من ستونهنج لتخطيط الحافظة الهندسية؟


جيمس الأول ملك اسكتلندا الجدول الزمني - التاريخ

أصبح الملك تشارلز الأول أول شخص يخلف تاج إنجلترا واسكتلندا. والده جيمس السادس ملك اسكتلندا من عام 1567 ولاحقًا جيمس الأول ملك إنجلترا عام 1603. ودُفن جيمس في وستمنستر أبي.

إعادة البناء الافتراضية ثلاثية الأبعاد

انقل نفسك إلى ما يصل إلى ألف عام واستكشف المباني التاريخية كما قد تكون ظهرت في الماضي. تم تصميمها باستخدام أداة تطوير الألعاب الشهيرة Unity 3D ، وستعمل عمليات إعادة البناء هذه في معظم متصفحات الويب الشائعة على سطح المكتب أو الكمبيوتر المحمول.

اكتشف حياة المئات من الملوك والملكات واللوردات والسيدات والبارونات والإيرل ورؤساء الأساقفة والمتمردين الذين جعلوا الناس في العصور الوسطى فترة تاريخية مثيرة للعيش فيها.

اختيار المراجع المستخدمة:

    1. مايكل لينش ، اسكتلندا تاريخ جديد، 2004 ، ISBN: 0-7126-9893-0 2. C H Hunter Blair and H L Honeyman ، كتاب دليل قلعة واركورث الرسمي, 1963

استكشف جميع الطوابق الأربعة للبرج الأبيض في برج لندن باستخدام محرك الألعاب ثلاثية الأبعاد Unity.

المباني الافتراضية

انقل نفسك إلى ما يصل إلى ألف عام واستكشف المباني التاريخية كما هي قد ظهرت في الماضي.

يبدو أن هناك بعض الروابط الغريبة بين قلعة وردور القديمة في القرن الرابع عشر والدائرة الحجرية القديمة ستونهنج.

يبدو أن قلعة وردور القديمة تتماشى مع المواقع القديمة في مناظر ستونهنج الطبيعية.

يتم محاذاة ستونهنج مع الانقلاب الصيفي. لدى وردور القديم موقف مشابه جدًا.

هل يمكن لبناة Old Wardour استخدام وسائل من ستونهنج لتخطيط الحافظة الهندسية؟


إنجلترا واسكتلندا تشكلان اتحادًا باسم & aposG Great Britain & apos

مواد الاتحاد التي قدمها المفوضون إلى الملكة آن ، وإنشاء مملكة بريطانيا العظمى.

جامع الطباعة / صور غيتي

عندما توفيت الملكة إليزابيث الأولى عام 1603 ، كان الشخص التالي في ترتيب العرش هو ابن عمها الملك جيمس السادس ملك اسكتلندا. الآن ، حصل على اسم ثان: الملك جيمس الأول ملك إنجلترا.

على الرغم من أن اسكتلندا وإنجلترا تشتركان في نفس الملك ، إلا أنهما كانتا مملكتين منفصلتين سياسيًا ، ولكل منهما برلمانها الخاص. خلال القرن التالي ، كانت هناك عدة محاولات فاشلة لدمجهم في دولة واحدة. انتهت هذه المحاولات في عام 1707 ، عندما اتحدت إنجلترا واسكتلندا باسم & # x201C بريطانيا العظمى & # x201D تحت قيادة الملكة آن (الملكة التي تم تصويرها في المفضلة).

كان هناك عدة أسباب لهذا الاتحاد ، كما يقول كريستوفر إيه واتلي ، أستاذ التاريخ الاسكتلندي في جامعة دندي ومؤلف كتاب الاسكتلنديون والاتحاد: آنذاك والآن. كان أحدها حقيقة أن اسكتلندا كانت مديونة بعد محاولتها إنشاء إمبراطورية استعمارية في الأمريكتين بنفس الطريقة التي فعلت بها إنجلترا والبرتغال وإسبانيا.

& # x201C أدرك الأسكتلنديون أن ملف السياسة الواقعية، إذا كنت ترغب في ذلك ، فإن الموقف كان أنهم إذا أرادوا إنشاء أسواق في الخارج ، واتصالات في الخارج ، فإنهم يحتاجون إلى دعم قوة بحرية أقوى ، والتي كانت إنجلترا ، & # x201D كما يقول.

كما رأى العديد من الاسكتلنديين في الاتحاد وسيلة لمنع ستيوارت الكاثوليكية من إعادة الملكية المطلقة ، وتأمين مستقبل اسكتلندا في ظل ملكية دستورية بروتستانتية. بالنسبة لإنجلترا ، كان هناك قلق من أنها إذا لم تتحد مع اسكتلندا ، فقد تقف الدولة في مواجهة إنجلترا مع فرنسا في حرب الخلافة الإسبانية. لذلك في عام 1707 ، وافقت إنجلترا على منح اسكتلندا أموالًا لسداد ديونها ، وأقر كل من البلدين وبرلمانات # x2019 قوانين الاتحاد لتصبح أمة واحدة.


العشائر والجماعات وتمرد اليعاقبة: المرتفعات قبل التخليص

بحلول أوائل القرن الثامن عشر ، كان الناس في الأراضي المنخفضة في اسكتلندا - التي تقع جنوب شرق خط مرسوم من دمبارتون ، بالقرب من رأس فيرث أوف كلايد على الساحل الغربي ، إلى ستونهافن - متحضرين بشكل أساسي. كانوا أيضًا أكثر انسجامًا مع إنجلترا من حيث الثقافة واللغة والسياسة مقارنة بزملائهم الاسكتلنديين في المرتفعات. كان الناس في المرتفعات - التي تشمل النصف الشمالي من اسكتلندا وكذلك ، وفقًا للعديد من التصنيفات ، الجزر البحرية الغربية لجزر هبرديس الداخلية والخارجية وآران وبوت - في الغالب ريفيين ويحاولون البقاء على قيد الحياة في أرض غير خصبة إلى حد كبير. كانت ثقافتهم ولغتهم في الغالب الاسكتلنديين الغيلية.

لا يزال سكان المرتفعات يتبعون نظام العشيرة ، الذي كان موجودًا منذ مئات السنين. كانت العشيرة تحكمها عائلة واحدة ينحدر منها زعيمها. أقارب الأقارب والآخرون الذين شكلوا العشيرة كانوا يعيشون معًا في بلدات زراعية كانت تعمل مثل التجمعات أو المزارع المشتركة. كان الرئيس يسيطر على الأرض ، لكن استأجرها "التجار" الذين أجروها للمزارعين المستأجرين ، والذين بدورهم استخدموا قطارات للمساعدة في زراعتها. كانت العشيرة ، المشوبة بالتأثيرات الإقطاعية ، نظامًا عسكريًا إلى حد كبير قائم على التزام رجالها المقاتلين بتقديم الخدمة العسكرية للزعيم الذي يدينون له بالولاء الشخصي. كان هؤلاء الرجال المقاتلون يعتمدون جزئيًا على النهب الذي حصلوا عليه من الإغارة على العشائر المجاورة للحفاظ على مستوى معيشتهم.

في عام 1745 ، قاد تشارلز إدوارد ، المدّعي الشاب (المسمى "بوني الأمير تشارلي") ، التمرد اليعقوبي الخامس الذي قام به منزل ستيوارت في محاولة لاستعادة العرش البريطاني. (تم خلع جد تشارلز جيمس الثاني كملك في الثورة المجيدة من 1688-1689.) حصل تشارلز على دعم بين سكان المرتفعات الاسكتلنديين لمحاربة الإنجليز والعديد من سكان الأراضي الاسكتلندية المنخفضة من أجل التاج البريطاني. بعد بعض النجاح الأولي ، هُزم تشارلز وقواته في نهاية المطاف في معركة كولودن (16 أبريل 1746) ، والتي قُتل خلالها الآلاف من سكان المرتفعات. في الأسابيع والأشهر اللاحقة ، تم اصطياد وقتل حوالي 1000 من سكان المرتفعات. في هذه العملية ، تم تدمير عشائر كاملة في المرتفعات أو أجبرت على الفرار.

حتى قبل وقوع الكارثة في كولودن ، بدأ نظام العشائر يتدهور ببطء في عهد جيمس الأول ، الذي لم يثق في المرتفعات لدرجة أنه أمر الرؤساء بالابتعاد عن عشائرهم لحضور زيارات المحكمة لفترات طويلة حتى يتمكن من منعهم من التآمر ضدهم. له. ومع ذلك ، تسارع هذا التدهور في السنوات التي أعقبت معركة كولودن ، حيث فرضت الحكومة البريطانية قوانين تقييدية أضعفت سلطة زعماء العشائر والثقافة الغيلية التي دعمتها ، بما في ذلك حظر عشيرة الترتان (تصاميم المنسوجات المنقوشة) و موسيقى مزمار القربة. كما مهدت الحكومة الطريق للأجانب للحصول على جزء كبير من الأراضي في المرتفعات. تم تعيين الملاك الجدد على تكرار نماذج الزراعة الرأسمالية المستخدمة في الأراضي المنخفضة ،


نحن نشجعك على مشاركة أبحاثك على جدولنا الزمني.

Frasers المبكر بواسطة شيمي لوفات

أقدم سجل مكتوب لـ Frasers في اسكتلندا كان في عام 1160 ، عندما احتفظ Simon Fraser بالأراضي في East Lothian في Keith. في تلك السنة ، قدم هدية من الكنيسة إلى رهبان Tironensian في Kelso Abbey. ال.

السير سيمون فريزر باتريوت وحروب الاستقلال الاسكتلندية

يمكن اعتبار السير سيمون فريزر من Neidpath الأب المؤسس لـ Lovat Frasers. ولد في عام 1257 في قلعة Neidpath بالقرب من Peebles ، وتوفي بموت بشع في لندن عام 1306. كان قد تم أسره وهو يقاتل في.

ولادة عشيرة فريزر لوفات في المرتفعات وخلافات العشائر

From the early 1300s, then, Frasers established themselves in what has ever since been recognised as the Lovat Fraser homeland – Beauly and the Aird. The first document linking a Fraser with these lands of Lovat and the Aird is.

Union of Crowns & Civil Wars throughout Britain

When Elizabeth I of England died in 1603, her closest male heir was King James VI of Scotland. James united the thrones of Scotland, England and Wales, and Ireland, to create Great Britain. He became King James VI of Scotland.

Lovat of the 45, the Old Fox

Like an old eagle, Lovat smiles enigmatically from under hooded eyes – complete with 18th century frock coat, wig, breeches, wrinkly stockings, and shoes with silver buckles. This is Lovat as the great cartoonist Hogarth saw him, in the Tower of London.

The Frasers in the New World

A series of weak chiefs, combined with premature chiefly deaths that left child heirs to the chieftainship. These boy chiefs came under the influence of their mother’s people. It was normal for clans to form marital alliances. The daughters of.

The Lovat Scouts

In 1899, Simon 16th Lord Lovat raised the Lovat Scouts as a volunteer unit to fight in the Boer War. The officers were raised from the local Highland gentry and most of the men were stalkers, ghillies, shepherds and crofters.

WW2 and the Commandos

Who were the Commandos? The Commandos were raised in 1940 during the period of crisis that followed Dunkirk and were subsequently disbanded in 1946. All commandos were the best of the best, hand picked from every regiment of the armed.

Shimi, 17th Lord Lovat

Brigadier Simon Fraser, 17th Lord Lovat, DSO, MC, TD, JP, DL was the 24th Chief of the Clan Fraser of Lovat and a prominent British Commando during the Second World War. His friends called him Shimi Lovat, an anglicised version.

The Lovat Survivors

In the autumn of 1915, at the height of the Great War, Lochiel (Chief of Clan Cameron and a cousin of the Moniack Frasers) mournfully predicted that “another old Inverness-shire family was becoming extinct”. Of the 15th Lord Lovat’s three.

The Modern 78th Fraser Highlanders

In 1964, with Expo 67 being planned, the Montreal Military & Maritime Museum decided to re-raise this famous Regiment to take part in the colour and festivities of the World's Fair. Colonel J. Ralph Harper undertook the research and Mr.

Outlander & The New Clan Brand

Outlander author Diana Gabaldon explains why she chose a Fraser for her hero

We are extremely grateful to Diana for taking the time to explain why she chose Clan Fraser for her hero Jamie: WHY FRASER? I’m often asked (and not only by people named Fraser) why, when I decided to write.

The Aird of Lovat in June 1746

It feels like nothing changes here. though 273 Years ago, tragedy tore, howled, screamed, burned and slashed its way through this place. ليس اليوم. The only sound that screamed in my hearing today was a sika deer half way between a.

18th Lord Lovat,
25th MACSHIMIDH

-->

The e-Fiery Cross

The Fiery Cross is the ancient Highland call for the clan to gather from the Chief, summoned by runners carrying two burning sticks tied with a strip of linen and dipped in blood.

The clan also welcome those who would be Bowl O'Meal Frasers. Simon 11th Lord Lovat, the Old Fox, was known to offer a large bag of grain/meal to those native to the Fraser country when they took the name of Fraser. The terms were clear, that they adopt the concerns of the Clan, offering loyalty and sword to the chief. They became known as Boll O' Meal Fraser's"

Furthermore we welcome those who would be a Friend of the clan, to join in celebration of our rich 800 year Fraser history, and ancient Gaelic traditions.


Wilsontown's history timeline

1644: A stone at the current Cleugh house is dated 1644, older maps show a house at Cleugh in the 16th century.

1655: James Wilson buys the lands of Hinschelwood and Cleugh from William Inglis of Eastsheil.

The 18th century

1708 – 1712: Abraham Darby uses coke in a blast furnace for the first time at Coaldbrookdale, Shropshire. Thomas Newcomen invents the atmospheric / fire engine.

1759: William Wilson Snr establishes himself successfully in business in London he becomes a merchant. The Carron Ironworks is established.

1770: William Dixon Snr is 17yrs old and comes to the West of Scotland from Northumberland to seek his fortune he settles at Govan Coalworks.

1771: John Wilson Snr returns from Sweden after selling his business in Gothenburg. He sets up a business in London with his younger brother William.

1772: William Wilson Jnr born to John Wilson Snr.

1779: Robert Wilson asks his brothers for a loan to purchase neighbouring land to the Cleugh estate. Construction of Wilsontown Ironworks begins. John Mackenzie is the Overseer as the Ironworks are being built. A large house is built and coal mining enterprises are not very successful.

1781: The first iron is produced at Wilsontown Ironworks.

1782: John Mackenzie is dismissed and the works then remain idle.

1783: Henry Cort patents the process of rolling iron.

1784: William Wilson Snr returns to Wilsontown and moves into Wilsontown House after touring round the UK getting experience in ironmaking. He dissolves the agreement with his brother Robert. John Wilson Snr stays in charge of their London business. Wilsontown Ironworks starts up again in May with Ironmasters from Coalbrookdale making pig iron for a short while. Henry Cort visits Scotland in May and does demonstrations of his new puddling process at Edinburgh - his Scottish Patent for rolling and puddling is sealed on 6th Feb.

1785: The blast furnace at Wilsontown Ironworks is blown out in February and not re-lit until May. John Wilson Snr sends Alexander Gunn to Wilsontown to be his representative. William Wilson Snr is concerned that the Ironworks will never make enough money to cover the costs incurred. John Wilson Snr and William Wilson Snr buy out their brother Robert.

1786: Clyde Ironworks is founded by John Mackenzie (who worked at Wilsontown) and Thomas Edington. Alexander Gunn is sent to Coalbrookdale to be instructed in the art of bar iron manufacture.

1787: Omoa / Cleland Ironworks and Muirkirk Ironworks are founded. A second blast furnace is built at Wilsontown and another blowing engine (see image, right) of greater power is set going. Produce includes pig iron, ballast for ships and shot (4-18 pounders inclusive).

William Wilson Snr and Alexander Gunn do not see eye to eye on the management of the Ironworks, but John Wilson Snr supports Gunn when William protests to him. It is likely that blooms from Wilsontown are rolled at Rotherhithe, London.

1788: There are 86 blast furnaces in Britain, 60 are using coke as fuel and 26 are still using charcoal.

1789: A steam engine is erected at Wilsontown to draw off the water from the minerals. This opens up a large mineral field so much more coal can be mined. John Rennie of Boulton and Watt produces plans for the new Forge at Wilsontown for William Wilson Snr.

1790: The workmen at Wilsontown are paid on piece-rate, monthly. Boulton and Watt produce a plan of the engine house and working gear for the new forge for Messrs John and William Wilson Snr. An engine (originally built in 1785) at Rotherhithe London is stopped, it is later bought by the Wilsons for their new forge.

1791: The Company name is John and William Wilson & Son, Swedish Iron Merchants. An extensive forge for the manufacture of blooms is erected at Wilsontown. Gardner, Manson and Co agree to take a large quantity of blooms from Wilsontown but there is a quarrel with Alexander Gunn and the contract is lost. John Wilson Snr arrives at Wilsontown from London and excludes William Wilson Snr from the firm. James Murdoch, an engine erector for Boulton and Watt, has been at Wilsontown for 15 months putting up the new engine in the forge.

Thomas Paine publishes the ’Rights of Man’ as a guide to the ideas of the Enlightenment, he greatly influences the French Revolution.

1792: The dispute between John and William Wilson Snr gets worse and John Snr makes his son John Jnr his legal representative in Scotland. William Wilson Snr is still very concerned about the state of the business and his lack of control. It is possible that William Murdoch (brother of James Murdoch) lights his house with gas coal for the first time now.

1793: The balance sheets show that Wilsontown Ironworks is in debt to its London business . William Wilson Snr is in favour of reducing iron production and diversifying by producing household coal. Alexander Gunn and John Wilson Snr disagree and prevent this idea being developed. William Wilson Snr estimates his loss at £20,000 and disputes follow regarding possession and examining the Company books.

The Sherrif of Lanarkshire appoints an interim manager for Wilsontown, Richard Steel of Lanark. Alexander Gunn is dismissed, William Wilson Snr alleges he is a disciple of Thomas Paine and has circulated copies of his work to the employees. John Wilson Snr dissolves the London co-partnery and stops William Wilson Snr’s credit. William Wilson Snr concludes that the economic failure at Wilsontown is due to mismanagment and not inherent economic weakness, still believing the operation can be made profitable

1794: There is a local community totalling 400 at Wilsontown. This includes a considerable number of people who are not from the area but have come here to work. Wilsontown Ironworks is currently not working, due to the family dispute. In the Ironworks there are currently 2 blast furnaces to produce pig iron, and 10 forges to convert the pigs into blooms before they are then beaten into bars. The Ironworks can also produce castings. There are said to be several Helve hammers.

It is currently 27 miles to get to the port at Leith but the line of a new road has been laid out that will reduce this to 21 miles. Carriage for produce going to Bo’ness and Leith is 8 shillings per ton in Summer and 10s per ton in Winter.

1795: Glenbuck Ironworks and Calder Ironworks (William Dixon is a partner) are founded. Richard Steel of Lanark is still in charge at Wilsontown

1796: John Condie is born in Glasgow.

1797: John Wilson Snr buys out William Wilson Snr . Wilsontown Ironworks are put up for sale and bought by John Wilson Snr, Merchant of Token-House Yard, London. John Wilson and Son is launched the partners are John Wilson Snr and two of his four sons, William Jnr and James. Mr James Meason, a clerk at Wilsontown Ironworks, is employed to examine the state of the minerals: “from what he had explored 40,000 tons of iron might be made annually for the space of 90 years, that the supply of ironstone is inexhaustible”

1798: The Forge at Wilsontown is put to work, with the addition of 2 hammers after having been stopped during the dispute, and the two blast furnaces are brought into full operation again.

القرن ال 19

1801: William Wilson Jnr has failed in his St Petersburg trade. William Wilson Jnr mortgages Wilsontown house to one of his partners in a Russian venture when he could not pay £1,000, his full share of the loss incurred by Brown, Porter, Wilson and Co.

1802: Shotts Ironworks is founded. A Swedish Ironmaster visits several Scottish Ironworks including Wilsontown and writes a report. John Wilson Snr has pulled down part of the Ironworks and is replacing this with Puddling Furnaces and an extensive Rolling Mill. It is expected to produce 1,500 tons annually of bar iron once this building work is completed. The present manager of Wilsontown Ironworks is William Wilson Jnr who has planted 100,000 Pine, Spruce and Larch on a drained peat bog nearby.

1803: Clyde Ironworks is the second biggest Ironworks in Scotland at this time.

1804: The Wilsons acquire the coal rights at Climpy from George Crawford and they build a village for the workers there. Horse tramways are now laid to get raw materials to the blast furnaces at Wilsontown. The Rolling Mill at Wilsontown is put into operation this year. Wilsontown Ironworks is producing pig iron, cast iron goods, malleable bars, rods and hoops, boiler and other plates, and is said to be the only Ironworks in Scotland equipped for this trade. Robert Bauchop completes his ‘Plan of the Estate of Wilsontown’.

The Napoleonic War begins.

1806: A powerful Boulton and Watt blowing engine is erected and the weekly produce of the furnaces at Wilsontown increases from 20 to 40 ton. A manager’s house with 8 rooms is built around this time (believed to be Wester Heathland farmhouse). The coal and iron-stone mines, the furnaces, the forges, the rolling-mill, the shops of smiths, carpenters, engineers and mill-wrights are crowded with workmen.

1807: In the census of this year there are 2000 people dependant on Wilsontown Ironworks. The total monthly payment to workers is not less than £3,000. The Ironworks has to issue change tickets due to a shortage of small coins - £100 of silver and copper coins are needed each month the change tickets can be exchanged at the Company shop . Mr George Brown, Landsurveyer, conducts a survey and valuation to prepare the way for borrowing upon heritable security. There is now £63,500 borrowed on the security of the lands and fixed assets at the Ironworks. Both the Scottish and the London firm become insolvent. There is a severe depression in the iron trade.

Artist's impression of the interior of a worker's house at Wilsontown1808: By this date many buildings have been erected at Wilsontown, including 450 houses, a bakery and company shop. There is no further credit to be had from the banks, so a meeting is called with friends, merchants, local businessmen, bankers and mine officials in London. As a result, 54 well-wishers raise a short term loan for Wilsontown Ironworks.

The Scottish Company is now taken over by a Trust Deed. The Trustees are: John Dickson of Coulter, Advocate James Pillans, Ironmerchant of Leith John Mowbray of Edinburgh, Writer to the Signet George Crawford of Climpy Thomas Edington of Pheonix Ironworks near Glasgow and Martin Dalrymple at Omoa Ironworks.

There is hope that the Iron trade may pick up again. William Wilson Jnr and James Wilson continue to manage the Ironworks. The Climpy coal field is surveyed by ‘a professional man of great skill and integrity’ who reports that the quantity of workable coal exceeds 2,724,000 tons, with only 100,000 wrought out. A 40-year lease is established on all the coal and ironstone in the lands of Guildhouse and part of Hendshillwood - equivalent to 580 english acres.

George Crawford Esq of Climpy writes a letter dated 6th August 1808 where he explains that he had at least 150 families employed on his estate. They were miners, lime-workers, and labourers. Because the parish church was so far away in Carnwath he built a place of worship for these families at his own expense. Joseph Purdie from Peebleshire was ordained as the Minister in April 1810.

William Dixon sends a report on the Wilsons in a letter to David Mushet. Mr Edington is the Wilson’s agent in Glasgow and has compiled a report on Wilsontown Ironworks. Martin Darlrymple at the Omoa ironworks has given Mr Edington all his iron to sell to try to keep down the price of iron. John Wilson Snr is mortally ill in October and dies on Christmas day.

Humphrey Davey demonstrates his new electric arc lamp.

1809: Land and equipment that is not essential for the operation of Wilsontown Ironworks is offered up for sale at the Royal Exchange Coffee House in Edinburgh. Various people buy parcels of land including John Wilson of Guildhouse and Henry Wilson, late of Calcutta. New boilers are installed at the blowing engines despite the Company’s perilous position.

1810: Lodge St John Wilsontown Ironworks is founded. John Wilson and Sons is now bringing up a day level in the Wilsontown Colliery, which has already been driven 500 fathoms. This is an extension of the famous Holmesyke Level. The Ironstone is so rich that little more than 3 tons yields a ton of iron.

For the last 6 months the Ironworks has almost entirely been employed in making soft pig iron for foundry use due to an increase in price for pig iron and a drop for bar iron. There are few competitors in Scotland in the making of engines - Wilsontown is fitted out for this. The 2 blast furnaces (see image, right) produce about 80 to 90 tonnes of iron a week, mainly of best no. 1 iron.

There are houses for 400 – 500 workmen and their families. The freight from London to Leith is from 10 – 12s per ton and insurance less than 1%.

Joseph Purdie of Peebleshire is ordained as the Minister of Climpy Church in April. The week after this, at least 100 families are discharged after the collapse of the Ironworks business. The congregation of the Church now fell to only 20 or 30 people and stayed this way until the Minister gave up in 1813.

1811: Wilsontown Ironworks is advertised for sale in the Morning Chronicle, London, but no-one purchases it. An Inventory of tools values them at £7,050. George Crawford, the owner of Climpy, goes bankrupt this year - the Wilsons had advanced money to him but they never recovered it. Thomas Bauchop, surveyor, produces a map of Wilsontown Sheepwalk.

1812: There is a general commercial crisis in the Scottish Iron trade. Many local gentry become bankrupt including John Wilson Jnr of Guildhouse and Henry Wilson of Cleugh House. Stock accumulates at Wilsontown and in the warehouses at Leith, Glasgow and London. By June there is 2,200 tons of unsold iron. By July the outstanding debts total more than £100,000, with over £1,600 in wage arrears. There is an attempt to switch production from bar iron to pig iron but this encounters technical difficulties .

The Scottish Creditors of Wilsontown Ironworks apply for sequestration (bankrupcy), which is granted on 15 June. A temporary factor is appointed to protect the interests of the Creditors. The Trustees decide to carry on the works with one furnace in blast, the labour force is put to work casting axles, collecting scrap iron, breaking up plant and taking inventories. 521 men are employed at the Ironworks.

The last batch of iron is made in December and the furnace blown out, the workmen are dismissed and paid off apart from a skeleton staff. The workingmen’s union and savings bank, the Wilsontown Friendly Society, loses its capital. Wilsontown Ironworks is put up for sale for £20,000. William Mowbray buys Wilsontown Sheepwalk . An Illicit home still is discovered. William Wilson Jnr moves with his family to London after this year and sets himself up as a successful merchant in the ‘Russia trade’, importing goods from Moscow and St Petersburg.

1813: The last account of John Wilson and Son is made on November 26th. Mr Thomson, ‘a respectable Engineer’, makes an inventory of implements and utensils essentially necessary for the works. During this time Mr Laurie (Lawrie), Overseer, and James Baird, ‘an efficient workman and watchman’, have been kept employed at the works in order to keep things ticking over.

On 23 February, the Minister of Climpy Church resigns due to a lack of a congregation. Since the Ironworks stopped in 1810 he had only 20 or 30 people attending sermons. He stated that "sermon was however regularly kept up at Wilsontown by other parties".

1815: The Napoleonic War ceases

1819: Alexander Gillespie of Sunnyside buys the lands of Cleugh. Inspired by the French Revolution there is industrial unrest spreading through the country. Weavers from Glasgow talk of revolution and organising themselves for a fight.

1820: John Patterson, Ironmaster, and Robert Stevenson, Civil Engineer, visit Wilsontown Ironworks and make a full report: "no Ironmaster at this day would set down a work from which the carriage to the nearest port is no less than 26 miles". Mr Laurie is still the Manager. Wilsontown is said to ‘have the appearance of a large village now in a state of decay’.

1821: The sequestrated Estate of Wilson and Sons is purchased from James Britstow Fraser, Writer in Edinburgh, Trustee, on 20 March by William Dixon for £6,100.

1822: Alexander Gillespie of Sunnyside buys the lands of Mid and East Forth, part of the Wilsontown Estate.

1823: There are now 237 blast furnaces in Britain.

1827: John Nimmo is the Manager at Wilsontown Ironworks. There is a new toll road, an improvement on the old moor road, to Edinburgh via West Calder, over which pig iron etc. is carted to Edinburgh and Leith. The Road to Glasgow is not so direct and Glasgow has become a valuable outlet for the Ironworks. In the Autumn John Nimmo and William Dixon Jnr map out a new road west from Climpy to the Holytown road via Shotts Ironworks.

1828: James Beaumont Neilson discovers the hot blast process whilst fixing a boiler at Wilsontown. He goes on to patent the ‘improved application of air to produce heat in fires, forges and furnaces – no 5701’ on 3 March. An Act for making and maintaining a turnpike road (this is the B715) from Wilsontown Ironworks to the A71 is dated 23 May. Thomas Nimmo is the Manager at Wilsontown Ironworks .

The Gartsherrie furnace is started by Bairds. A foundry is opened at Shotts Ironworks.

1829: The Hot Blast process is now in use.

1830: Lord Belhaven takes over the lease of a distillery at Wilsontown from Hugh Goold. Captain Alexander Wilson, son of Robert Wilson, is still living at Cleugh Mansion house. William Wilson Jnr is 58 and approached by partner Benjamin Lancaster to go into candle making. They set up Edward Price and Co.

1831: Coal used per ton of pig iron has gone down from 10 tons to 3 tons due to the Hot Blast process. Hot blast is being used at Calder Ironworks by William Dixon, using an open water-cooled tuyere with only limited success.

1832: Thomas Nimmo ceases to be the Manager at Wilsontown Ironworks. His sons later manage the works and Thomas goes on to work coal pits on the Wilsontown and Cleugh lands on his own account. John Condie is taken on at Calder Ironworks by William Dixon Jnr.

1833: John Condie is sent as manager to Wilsontown by William Dixon Jnr.

1834: John Wilson Jnr now owns Westsidewood as well as Guildhouse, near Forth. William Pillans is murdered at the toll bar, Wilsontown, by James Tweedie on 18th April.

1836: John Condie has invented a nozzle at Wilsontown with a spiral of wrought iron tubing cast into it so that a continuous flow of cooling water can be maintained – the 'scots' or 'worm' or 'Condie' tuyere. This revolutionises iron manufacture.

1842: The output of pig iron at Wilsontown Ironworks is 14 tonnes per day. There is a great shut down in Scotland’s industries and Wilsontown Ironworks closes for the final time. John Condie moves to Dalry Ironworks (also owned by William Dixon) .The trustees of the late James Hare grant a feu in favour of William Dixon of Govan Colliery at Wester Handaxwood, sheepwalk of 204 scotch acres in December.

1845: Wilsontown Ironworks is broken up by breakers.

1846: John Condie patents his steam hammer.

1848: The Condie steam hammer is erected for first time at Govan Ironworks.

1849: James Wilson, an earnest and evangelical Christian, sets up a Christian society at Price’s Candle factory.

1850: James ‘Paraffin’ Young patents his process for making paraffin wax from distilled coal.

1851: By now practically all the coal mining at Wilsontown has ceased. Wilsontown is now offered for sale again, and although advertised at an upset price it is not bought.

1853: James Wilson urges Price’s Candle Co shareholders to pay for a school and chapel for factory boys.

1856: The steel making process is introduced by Sir Henry Bessemer.

1858: William Darling, a Glasgow Iron Merchant, buys Cleugh, Mid and East Forth from the trustees of Alexander Gillespie.

1860: On 22 October a railway is opened up past Wilsontown for goods and minerals. It stops at a siding behind Quality Row. After the railway comes, William Dixon resumes mining Wilsontown Main coal for coking, thus bringing industrial activity back to the area. This keeps the Wilsontown pits busy.

1862: The Coltness Iron Company open up the gas coal in Haywood. James Gray of Leavenseat Lime Works and Gavin Paul of Airdrie, a railway contractor, get a lease from William Dixon to work the Wilsontown Cannel Coal. To get to the Cannel Coal they have to clean out the Holmesyke Level from its outlet to the middle of the coalfield at great expense as it had been neglected for some time. Gavin Paul and family move into Wilsontown Mansion house after this year.

1865: The mineral railway line is extended to Wilsontown Station. Thomas Nimmo extends his mining operations to the lands of Haywood and Lawhead and he and his son, also Thomas, take out a lease of the rough coal.

1866: Omoa Ironworks shuts down.

1867: The railway at Wilsontown takes passengers for the first time.

1869: The railway line is extended from Wilsontown to Climpy.

1870: Gavin Paul and family are still living in Wilsontown masion house he is responsible for having the church at Wilsontown built this year There is a boiler explosion at no. 1 pit Climpy, leased by Gray and Paul, killing 2 children.

1871: Wilsontown Inn is now shown as a store on maps.

1873: The trustees of the late Mr William Dixon sell the lands of Cleugh, Greenwalls, Mid and East Forth now called Wilsontown, to William Smith Dixon.

1875: Beehive ovens are erected for the first time at Wilsontown Colliery.

1884: Gray and Paul give up the lease of the gas coal as it is exhausted.

1885: The Paul family leave the area and it is a sad departure. From now on most mining is carried out at Wilsontown by Dixons. It is more extensive than before due to an increase in the use of coking coal in coke ovens and in gas works

1887: The Carnwath Board take over running of the old school at Wilsontown as a works school.

1898: A new colliery at Wilsontown opens up this year (called Wilsontown colliery, there was a colliery with this name run by the Wilsons previously).

The 20th Century

1900: Tennants commences delivering miner’s coal around this year in the Peaweep Row.

1905: At Wilsontown Colliery the old beehive ovens are now replaced with a modern type of by-product plant. This plant is used to carbonise coal into metallurgical coke for the smelting of iron ore and ironstone in the blast furnaces. In addition the coke is used to recover valuable products such as tar, ammonia, and in later years benzol, all of which Wilsontown Main Coal is especially rich in.

1912: The Coltness Iron Company returns to the area and acquires the Climpy Colliery.

1913: Wilsontown sheepwalk has been let to Henry Wilson Esq.

1919: Kingshill no. 1 pit is sunk by the Coltness Iron Company in Allanton.

1921: Muirkirk Ironworks closes.

1922: William Dixon Ltd stops using splint coal and only uses coke fuel, which they get from Wilsontown Colliery and other coke makers.

1926: The old Wilsontown school closes.

1931: Kingshill no. 2 pit (Queenshill) is sunk, owned by Coltness Steel Company Limited.

1936: Quality Row is condemned and closes. The residents are moved to housing in Forth.

1938: Wilsontown coke is still being used for smelting purposes in the blast furnaces in the West of Scotland. Forkens mine has recently been sunk mining Kilsyth coking coal, a seam about 24” thick. A modern type of coal-cutting machine and face and gate road conveying plant has made the seam economic.

Wilsontown mansion house is still in good condition. The old school at Wilsontown still stands but is in a ruinous state. It has the words 'fear god' and 'love thy neighbour' on the lintels.

1940 / 41: A bomb is dropped somewhere near Burnfoot / Mosshat and the men in Forkens mine hear the doors in the mine rattle. Forkens mine is shut down and the men are transferred to Wilsontown Colliery.

1948: Wilsontown Colliery has an output of 320 tons per day, 80,000 tons per annum. It uses longwall working, has 390 employees, two screen tables, a Luhrigg washer, no baths, a canteen for packed meals, a first aid centre, DC electricity (all generated at the mine), two shafts – no 3, 104m deep and no 9: 73m deep.

Kingshill no. 2 pit has one 269m deep shaft, downcast with a forcing fan, return mine at Climpy, 1 in 1.2 for 128m, output 640 tons per day, 160,000 per annum, it uses longwall working, has 589 employees, 3 screening tables, a Baum type washer, baths, a canteen for packed meals, and first aid room, all electricity is from public supply.

1951: The last passenger train passes through Wilsontown

1954: Wilsontown mansion house is demolished.

1955: Wilsontown Colliery closes.

1963: The last goods train passes through Wilsontown

1968: The core of the Wilsontown Ironworks site is designated a scheduled ancient monument due to its value as an example of an integrated ironworks.

1970: Forestry Commission Scotland purchases land containing remains of Wilsontown Ironworks.

1973: Forth Primary school do a study on Wilsontown Ironworks with teacher Sheila Kerr and Donald W Mack. The stables of Wilsontown mansion house still stand.

1974: Forestry Commission Scotland knocks down the remains of the culvert, the arched bridge, and two of the engine houses at Wilsontown Ironworks. Several local people protest and attempt to stop the demolition, including a teacher at Forth Primary School who tries to get an injunction from the Sheriff at Lanark.

1975: Kingshill no. 2 pit closes

1977: The area around the Ironworks is planted with a conifer crop by Forestry Commission Scotland.

The 21st century

2001: The scheduled ancient monument area at Wilsontown Ironworks is extended by Historic Scotland to include more of the features associated with the site, e.g. the 77 bell pits.

2002: Forestry Commission Scotland begins to research the history of Wilsontown Ironworks.

2007: The Wilsontown Ironworks Heritage Project is launched by Forestry Commission Scotland.

2008: The conifers planted on top of the bell pits are being removed by Forestry Commission Scotland.


شاهد الفيديو: فيلم extraction روبرت بروس اروع افلام الحروب مترجم كامل (كانون الثاني 2022).